Friday, May 13, 2016

What Happens When You Get Sick in Training

Getting sick while training is a real drag. I have had it happen before and it is happening right now. I feel a low grade fever , achy all over and low energy. I had an 8 mile scheduled yesterday but only made it through 4. It is worrisome this close to race day but as it has happened before I know I will be ok.
Here is what I do

  • rest as much as possible
  • drink more fluids than normal
  • take whatever you can to shorten the time sick
  • keep resting
  • run if you must but run less
  • keep the spirits up
Getting sick while training can be demoralizing but rest assured it will pass. What happens if you are still sick on race day? Well that depends on you and how well you know your body and how much the race really means to you .
here is an article from Runner's World about running while sick.
Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment