I woke up this morning with a 5 mike LSD ( long slow distance) ahead of me. I had a glass of water with a little unfiltered apple cider vinegar and some Himalayan salt. I use that to get my metabolism going . I find it works good. I debated whether to run this morning or wait till later today. I made the right choice and decided to run. After getting some stretching in I began my run. I felt really good and believe y base is setting back up. I am ready to train. I ran really slow .
- 5 miles
- calories burned 755
Benefits of the slow long run
- .Here is the one I like the best. The long slow run is the best way to produce that runners high.
- It conditions the joints and muscles giving them the stamina to go long distances.
- It helps the cardiovascular system learn to adapt and deliver the increased oxygen to your muscles.
- Helps your mind wrap itself around the idea of running long distances boosting your confidence.
- strengthens the heart increases blood supply
- pushes the body to use fat as energy ( we like this !)
- conditions your body to use that energy more efficiently.