Saturday, March 26, 2016

The Runner's Journey Week 1 Day 3


Today was Day 3 of regular training for the Surfer's Path Half Marathon. It was a 2 miler on the treadmill as you can see. This training schedule that I am on has Saturday as a low mileage easy day. I love it! I can jog along on the treadmill getting my body used to being horizontal and moving for longer and longer times. I like to work on my posture  during these kinds of runs. I keep my spine straight with a slight lean forward. My head is held high and straight like a string is tugging up on it. This allows my ribcage to be fully open and my lungs are allowed to expand and contract with ease. 

This training round for me I have decided to run on the treadmill for the shorter distances. It has a nice cushion feel to it that I think lets me run without too much harshness. I am always trying to conserve what I already have by not beating on it unnecessarily . 

Happy Running !

No comments:

Post a Comment